To set compatibility mode to Windows 2000 or Windows 98/Me
- Right click on a desktop app or its shortcut that you want to change compatibility mode settings for, and click/tap on Properties.
- Click/tap on the Compatibility tab.
- Check the Run this program in compatibility mode for box and select Windows 2000 or Windows 98/Me from the drop-down list (see screenshot below).
To change Windows Vista/7 theme to Classic Windows
- Open Theme Settings by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, clicking Personalization, and then clicking Theme.
- Under Theme, select the Windows Classic theme in the drop-down list, and then click OK.